Sunday, July 1, 2012

Too Many Toys In The Toy Box!

The toy box got too full.

As usually happens in my life, things get turned upside down.  It's almost never just one thing, but a quick series of things that turn clarity into chaos.  This time was no exception.  While all that happened is important, it isn't necessarily important to air out here.  What is important to note is it caused my focus to shatter, to stop and then to gain a bit of traction, but remain fragmented.  There were too many things requiring my attention.  Things were getting forgotten, lost, broken or tossed in a corner.

Time to decide what stays - what goes.

I started making a list...a LONG list.  It was a bit overwhelming.  I stopped making the list and instead asked myself, "What needs done NOW?"  I had some things that had been forgotten or pushed to the side that required some immediate attention.  I started there.  Putting out immediate fires has been my method of operation for the past few weeks.  I am in no way out of that "fire" situation, but have gained enough wiggle room to start deciding what stays in my box and what goes.

Evaluating

This is where I'm at now.  I will be evaluating EVERYTHING in my home and in my life.  It is time to get serious about SIMPLIFYING MY LIFE and deciding what stays and what goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home