Sunday, August 19, 2012

And we begin....AGAIN!

In the week since the last post, I got everything caught up, everything figured out and am well on my way.  Then I woke and reality slapped me!  Instead, work got busier, things fell further behind and I exhausted myself more than I realized.  I even had to cancel an activity I had been looking forward to for weeks - because I was overly exhausted.  My brain and body had been locked in high gear for too long with no break.  I spent yesterday doing as little as I felt I could get away with and resting.  I'm not a napping person, but the day included 2 naps.  Yep - exhausted.

Where does this put me?  Still a bit tired today and with a big  dose of reality.  Here's my reality:
1.  I am not a machine.  As much as I'd like to think I am, I do not have a fluffy tail and ears and I do not roll around with an Energizer battery beneath my feet.
2.  I have limits.
3.  Those limits are not what they used to be or even what I thought they were.  Reality sucks some times!
4.  I must learn to function within those limits.
5.  If I push those limits, my mind and body WILL crash.

All of the above made it VERY clear to me that I was out of balance!  A closer look would reveal everything is currently out of balance.  It is time to work towards regaining that balance - again.

So...the old blog having glitched out on me, brings me to this new blog - just in time for this new start.  No area will be left unturned, so let's get started.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home