Sunday, August 19, 2012

How to find the balance? Learn the words Sustainable and Simplify!

I had a saying early last week:

When my cup got full, I grabbed a saucer.  Then I grabbed a soup bowl.  I have since added a salad plate and a main course plate.  I now say, "skip the tableware - perhaps I now just need to go straight to the trough!"

If we are blessed with an unending supply of time and energy, perhaps the trough is okay.  However, even then it is likely to still be messy.  The reality of life is there is a limited supply of both time and energy.  When our focus, our time and energy, is split in too many directions, everything suffers.  However, there are things we can do to help bring a bit of balance to the scene and alleviate some of the stress and the energy drain - or at least be sure it is spent on the right things!  To accomplish this, there are a few things we need to keep in mind.

SUSTAINABLE - Able to be sustained.  SUSTAIN: to support the weight of

SIMPLIFY - The word "simplify" is a verb and requires action.  It means to make less complicated, clearer, easier

Each area of life can be asked these questions:

1.  Can current resources (time, energy, funds, etc.) support what is being done or what we want to do?
2.  Are there ways to make an area (function, activity, job, etc.) less complicated or easier?

These are the two questions I'll be using as I move forward - trying to unravel a bit of the mess and chaos and hopefully, finding a bit of peace and clarity.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home